Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Working closely with the Trusts and Foundations Manager, Development Associate and the Executive Team, the Development Officer will support Matthew Bourne’s artistic vision by working to maximise voluntary income. The post holder will support on building and developing relationships with trusts and foundations, individual supporters, and corporate partnerships. It will play a crucial role in administering the fundraising function of the charity, ensuring the day-to-day management of the relationship between New Adventures and its prospective and existing donors is managed to a high standard.
This includes providing the administrative underpinning of the team’s activities with specific responsibility for donor stewardship and gift administration, acting as first point of contact for all development queries, creating regular communications with donors and other stakeholders, managing the fundraising team’s use of the newly-implemented CRM, supporting on research and reporting as needed, and creating and delivering events to support essential opportunities to steward/recruit donors in a creative and engaging way.
This is a new role created as New Adventures embarks on an increased fundraising drive to support the growth of our talent development programme and our engagement work with young people and communities across the UK and beyond.
This role would be suitable for someone who is looking to grow a career within arts fundraising and development as there will be an opportunity for the right candidate to grow within the role and the organisation.
We require a hands-on, motivated individual to join our high-performing team. This role would suit a candidate with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with previous experience of either a fundraising or business development role. Knowledge of the theatre and dance sector and experience of coordinating or providing administrative support for events would be useful.
We will be using this to shortlist applicants. There may be some questions here that you can’t confidently answer ‘yes’ to – don’t be put off by this. If you still feel that you could do the job well, we want to hear from you.
Knowledge and Experience
- Do you have previous experience of a fundraising or business development role?
- Do you have experience of event coordination and administration?
- Do you have experience of producing customer/donor communications?
- Do you have experience of using and administrating CRM and data systems?
- Do you have knowledge of GDPR, data protection and fundraising compliance?
Skills and Attributes
- Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills?
- Do you have excellent attention to detail, proven ability to multitask, work to targets and meet tight deadlines?
- Do you have copy writing and proof-reading ability?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal skills?
- Do you have the ability to connect with a wide range of stakeholders?
- Have you got a passion for the arts and belief in its ability to have a positive effect on people’s lives?
- Are you skilled in the use of MS Excel and MS Word?
- Do you have knowledge of the UK dance and theatre sector?
- Do you have knowledge of the UK charity sector?
More information can be found on our website here: new-adventures.net/opportunities
Closing Date: 10am on Monday 4 March 2024